- Electricity generated from rooftop solar plant can be used to meet the RPO target set by the regulatory authorities.
- Any additional electricity could be traded in the form of REC with consumers who fall short of their RPO target.
- A rooftop solar plant provides support during peak hour demand and reduces dependence on grid & diesel generators.
- Rooftop solar helps bolster energy independence and helps maintain productivity during power outages.
- An investment in rooftop solar shows the commitment of the firm towards sustainable development. It helps improve the image of the company in customer’s mind.
- It reduces the carbon footprint of the industry/firm.
|Notified By||Uttarakhand Electricity Regulatory Commission|
|Policy||Uttarakhand Solar Power Policy 2015|
|Net Metering Regulations||Regulations for Net Metering Rooftop Solar PV Grid Interactive Systems 2016|
|Min System Size allowed (under net metering)||1 kW|
|Max System size allowed (under net metering)||1 MW|
|Cap w.r.t sanctioned load||100% for domestic consumers & 50% for C&I consumers|
|Rooftop ownership||Persons who intend to install rooftop solar should own the rooftop as well.|
|Cap w.r.t Distribution Transformer Capacity||65%|