Info on REC, RPO & Open Access
- Electricity generated from rooftop solar plant can be used to meet the RPO target set by the regulatory authorities.
- Any additional electricity could be traded in the form of REC with consumers who fall short of their RPO target.
- A rooftop solar plant provides support during peak hour demand and reduces dependence on grid & diesel generators.
- Rooftop solar helps bolster energy independence and helps maintain productivity during power outages.
- An investment in rooftop solar shows the commitment of the firm towards sustainable development. It helps improve the image of the company in customer’s mind.
- It reduces the carbon footprint of the industry/firm.
Policy & Net metering regulations
|Notified By||Himachal Pradesh Electricity Regulatory Commission [HPERC]|
|Policy||H.P. Solar Power Policy, 2016|
|Net Metering Regulations||HPERC (Rooftop Solar PV Grid Interactive Systems based on Net metering) Regulations - 2015 ; First Amendment - 2018|
|Min System Size allowed (under net metering)||1 kWp|
|Max System size allowed (under net metering)||1 MW|
|Cap w.r.t sanctioned load||Up to 80%|
|Cap w.r.t Distribution Transformer Capacity||30%|