I – SMART Project
The Indian Solar Market Aggregation for Rooftops (I – SMART) would help achieve competitive pricing for rooftop solar using demand aggregation by reducing customer acquisition costs and barriers to adoption.
Benefits of Rooftop Solar
- Electricity bill reduction
- Minimal maintenance
- Silent Operation
- Community advantages
- No negative health impacts
- Green Energy
- Climate change mitigation
- Combats Air Pollution
Step to Install
Grid-connected Rooftop Solar PV
1 Express interest through website or mobile app or offline form
Residential Consumers can express interest by applying online, through offline form or the mobile APP for the installation of Rooftop SolarSystem
2Select Vendor for Installing the system
The interest expressed shall be notified to registered solar installers, who will then contact you and visit your premises to assess the feasibility for installation of solar plant.
3Feasibility Study and Installation Agreement
Selected vendor will conduct feasibility study for installation of rooftop solar plant at your premises. After establishing feasibility, you will be presented with an option to enter into an agreement with the vendor for installation.
4Application to DISCOM for Net-Metering
To get a Net Metering Connection with DISCOM, please follow these steps:
1. Express intent to install via Net Metering Application form
- DISCOM to receive Application Form – from Customer
- Acknowledgement with Unique Service Number - from DISCOM
- Site Visit Report – Voltage level, Renewable loading on network - by DISCOM
- Auto debit of Rs. 500 as application fee - by DISCOM
2. Registration form (details about customer plan and scheme)
- Receipt of Customer Registration form - from customer
- Technical evaluation of Registration form - by DISCOM
- Registration form approval - by DISCOM
- Demand note charges based on solar capacity - by DISCOM
3. Net metering connection agreement
- Sign off – Net metering connection agreement - between customer and DISCOM
- Renewable system installation and intimation - by customer
- Customer submission of necessary report & certificates
4. Net metering installation and system energization
- Site visit for compliance with connection agreement by DISCOM - by DISCOM
- Scheme for net metering - by DISCOM
- Charges against scheme execution - by DISCOM
- Net metering installation - by DISCOM
- System to punch net meter - by DISCOM
- Development of Billing system in SAP - by DISCOM
5Solar installer collects the installation cost as agreed among the parties
DISCOMs will inspect the installation and issue commissioning certificate. Selected vendor will collect 70% of project cost from consumer and the consent letter for release of subsidy from the consumer.
The vendor will collect the Bank Guarantee equivalent to three months of solar generation cost from the consumer as collateral for system installation under RESCO model.
Under CAPex model of financing, the vendor will provide free maintenance for first 5 years. This however can be renewed for a fee if the consumer wishes to. The conditions are negotiated between the consumer and vendor. The responsibility of checking operability and well-being of the system rests with the consumer once the maintenance contract expires.
Under the RESCO model of financing, the Operation and Maintenance responsibility lies solely with the vendor and is free for 25 years of panel life.
The initiative aims to aggregate demand for 1,000 MW rooftop solar systems across four states and two UTs
29 May, 2019 | I-smart
The I-SMART program aims to aggregate demand for 1 GW Rooftop Solar systems across four states and two union territories. It simplifies Rooftop Solar installation by providing a range of services both to the partner installers and prospective customers on a single-window web portal.
14 May, 2019 | Mr Dhawal Trivedi
Rooftop Solar systems for consumers in Surat and New Delhi have helped in reducing electricity bills as well as achieving India’s renewable energy goals.
08 May, 2019 | Mr Alekhya Datta | Mr Rishabh Sethi
Rooftop Solar PV systems benefit power distribution companies by reducing their technical, financial and operational burden