- Electricity generated from rooftop solar plant can be used to meet the RPO target set by the regulatory authorities.
- Any additional electricity could be traded in the form of REC with consumers who fall short of their RPO target.
- A rooftop solar plant provides support during peak hour demand and reduces dependence on grid & diesel generators.
- Rooftop solar helps bolster energy independence and helps maintain productivity during power outages.
- An investment in rooftop solar shows the commitment of the firm towards sustainable development. It helps improve the image of the company in customer’s mind.
- It reduces the carbon footprint of the industry/firm.
|Notified By||Joint Electricity Regulatory Commission (for the state of Goa & Union Territories)|
|Policy||Renewable Energy Policy - 2017 for U.T. of Dadra and Nagar Haveli|
|Net Metering Regulations||Solar Power - Grid Connected Ground Mounted and Solar Rooftop and Metering Regulations - 2014|
|Min System Size allowed (under net metering)||1 kW|
|Max System size allowed (under net metering)||500 kW|
|Cap w.r.t sanctioned load||50% for Industrial and Commercial users|
|Cap w.r.t Distribution Transformer Capacity||30%|